Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Break

We had a really fun spring break. Mom and Ryan went to Nevada to visit Tiff, Cody, Tea, and Joel. I went to Canada for choir tour.






I kind of cheated the system. I joined choir about 3 weekes ago and was allowed to accompany the choir on choir tour. It was really fun.. and really cold. Canada was cool, but very similair to the U.S and even Idaho. The climate felt like it did back in Idaho a few weeks ago. The main differences I saw were :

-Canadian money is cleaner than ours, and you can be carrying around $20 in change without even thinking about it. (that drove me crazy, I hate change.)

-Canada is much more concerned about recycling

-For every McDonald's theres an A & W's to match and -Canadians are much more liberal


Heres some pictures from the trip





Me and Cheyenne on the long drive up to Canada.

I was really tired. I woke up right as my ride knocked on the door at 5:45 am. Luckily I had everything ready so I was able to change and run out the door.

Its kinda of a crappy photo but this was the border. It went really smoothly.





On Tuesday we spent the day at Edmunton Mall. It was huge. It's the largest mall in North America, and the fifth largest mall in the world. It had a skating rink, amuesment park, mini golf, and a water park. Of course I spent the whole time shopping haha.
They had a disney store, it was so cute. They even had tangled playing on screen in the back.


On Wednesday we sang at a local highschool, a Catholic church, and visited the zoo.




They had cactus and sand in the chapel as decoration for lent. After the church we went to the zoo to kill a couple of hours before our next performance. I wasn't exactly thrilled. I don't really like zoos in the first place and it was so cold! Luckily most of the exhibits were indoors.

I never realized how big hippos were.
One thing I learned that day is that I'm afraid of bats. It's kind of hard to tell, but

that bat was about 3 ft long when he spread his wings.
Yes those are zebras outside in the snow. I'm sure they were wondering why the zoo was even open just as much as I was.




These notebooks in the gift shop were made out of elephant poop. They were really cool looking, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. No matter how clean it is, poop is poop.
On Friday we went to a music muesum and Calgary tower. This piano was the one Elton john used to record his first album.


There were tons of really cool and pretty instruments but I won't bore you with all of them
Calgary Tower
Looking out the windows of the tower

Me and Marie at the tower.
This was about half the choir. I couldn't find a picture of all of us.




This was one of the cool instruments at the museum. Its called a theremin. I couldn't get the video to go up with the other pictures of the museum.


All in all it was a very exciting spring break.

3 comments:

Nick said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Casey said...

Sierra,
I got to go to Canada, too, as part of my high school choir experience. I'm glad you had a good time.

KK ROCKS! said...

Sounds like fun, aye. :)