Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

We had a nice 4th of July weekend. Aunt Janel, Megan, & Mateas, came to stay with us on Thurs, Fri., and Sat. We had kind of a low key weekend. We went to see Wall-E, had a nice barbeque, and then went and watched the fireworks. They shoot the fireworks at the fairgrounds here. We found a nice spot to spread our blanket out at the High school nearby. It was a great show. I love to see the beautiful colors falling above me. I know a lot of people are discouraged with our country, but as soon as they start playing the song, "I'm Proud To Be An American," with the sky ablaze with colors, my heart swells and the tears begin to fall! I really am proud to be an American, and I'm so thankful for all the blessings and opportunities that we have. We got back home about 11pm and of course Ryan was all excited to shoot off his fireworks. I really missed Shane and Brock, It's so much more fun and exciting to watch them light off the tanks and cones than to do it myself! I managed to get through about 3/4 of them before I got frustrated, then we went inside, had smores, and called it a night. All in all a good day!
I also went to my diabetes Dr. about a week ago. He switched my medication a bit and they did my blood work. My HgbA1c should be below 6. The last time I tested it was at 9.5, not good! This time it was at 7.3, getting better, but I know I need to work harder!

Yippee! Tina finally made it through her summer English and Speech classes. She has been so busy with work at the physical therapy office, school and homework, and giving massages at a spa on Saturdays. She also set it up with her boss so I come in and get physical therapy on my frozen shoulder three days a week. She clocks out and helps me with my exercises and ultrasound on my shoulder, then the P.T. comes and tries to rip my arm off.(slight exaggeration)
My arm does seem to be getting a little better.

1 comment:

Shane said...

We sure missed being with you for 4th of July. The kids kept asking if we were going to have fireworks "like Ryan did."