Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tanae's update

hey everyone, this is Tanae. Mom asked me to update everyone on how my summer festival went...but before i do that here's a video of Ryan using his marshmellow gun he made at camp.









So two weeks ago i went to a summer fest at BYU to play the violin and it was awesome! To sum it up, summer fest is equivalent to EFY, only for youth who play and wish to improve their skills on an instrument. They had the hugest symphonies and orchestras, and every instrument you can think of. It was amazing to see all the talent, and work with all the music professors. I had a ton of fun learning, meeting new friends, and improving my talent. As much as i love playing the violin...another thing that this camp taught me is that musicians are CRAZY! Hardcore crazy! 7hrs of practice a day at least and no social life... ok not all of them were like that, but all the professional ones at least. I'm glad to say i find a happy balance and am content in merely enjoying the music and improving my skills.









My roommate Dawnie-funniest girl ever

























My fellow musicians and oue air trio.Michael from Korea who plays a wicked air violin, and Hans on the drums











Alex and me at camp, we were official swing dance champions for the week at BYU.












I'm still working on my violin solo from camp, but I'm planning on putting it on the blog shortly.

1 comment:

GatesGang said...

aww I so miss you guys and especially hearing tanae play the violin so much talent.