Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rock Climbing Wall



These are some of the pictures of the Young Men's group building a rock climbing wall on the south side of my play toy. It turned out great and my pre-schoolers are having a fun time. I had to lay down the rule that they must climb back down instead of climbing over the bar, I was afraid one of them would fall. Ryan and his friends climb over the bar all the time and it works fine. It was really nice of them to do this project. I bought the supplies and provided brownies and rootbeer floats and they dug the post holes, poured in cement, sanded the board, stained it, and bolted everything in. It's wonderful to have church youth groups that need service projects!

Tanae came and spent the weekend with us. It was fun to see her, but time flew way too fast. It's sure nice that she's only an hour and a half away. She looks great and is loving BYU-I.

I went to my Diabetes Dr. in Idaho Falls this week and it looks like I will be able to get in a research study they're having . It will involve taking 1 shot once a week, instead of one of my medications. They've had a lot of positive results lowering blood sugars, as well as weight loss. They also cover all the diabetic expense while I'm in the study. I'm excited to get started, probably next week. I'll let you know about my progress.

3 comments:

csbengoa said...

Very cool, Suzy. Although I'm sure Nick shares in my disappointment that we weren't able to put our carpentry skills to work and make you that climbing wall, I'm glad it turned out well. I'm also glad to hear Tanae's doing well in college & best of luck with the diabetic treatment. Take care,
-Cody B.

Casey said...

How fun!! What a good group of boys to do that for you. I'm sure my boys will be sad that they don't get to use it right away. I'm very excited about your diabetes trial, and hope that it works well for you. Love ya!

GatesGang said...

awwww look at andy what a nut miss him tons haha. looks like you guys had a blast putting that up. vanessa misses you she tells me all the time. if we were still in poccy trista would so be in your class haha. i loved you.
hope things work out with the shots i couldn't do that yikes. love ya