Monday, October 20, 2008

Braces


Ryan and I went on familyfun.com and made these cool Halloween characters out of milk jugs. I'm not sure what we did all week, but it sure has flown by. I can't believe it's almost Halloween already! I'm not sure if I told you, Ryan will be getting braces on the 28 of October, that's right, just 2 days before Halloween! He's being quite the martyr. The girls and I have generously offered to eat his candy for him:) He was not amused:( For those of my children who are aghast that their 10 year old brother is already getting braces, be assured it is out of necessity, not vanity. Ryan has already had 8 teeth pulled to try and make room, but unfortunately he still has teeth sideways that don't have room to come in. It's either braces or surgery. He will actually have to wear braces twice. We have just begun phase 1. He got his spacers put in last Tuesday and all went pretty well.

Friday Tina and I went to Idaho Falls so I could go to my first Diabetic research trial appointment. It consisted of about an hour and a half of paperwork, bloodwork, EKG, etc. I go back again this Friday to find out all the results and see if I qualify to be in the program. The Doctor seemed pretty optomistic, so hopefully it will be a GO! Tanae met us for lunch and a little shopping. I'm so glad she's close, we had a fun visit!

Sierra has been invited to be a member of the National Honor Society! She has worked really hard to have good grades in High School and it's paying off. I'm really proud of her efforts.

4 comments:

csbengoa said...

Good luck, Ryan, with the braces! What stinky timing, right before Halloween. I hope you get good news from the testing done for the diabetic study, Suzy, and that the treatment is successful. Way to go Sierra!!! I'm proud of you & keep up the good work.
Cody B.

KK ROCKS! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KK ROCKS! said...

Don't worry Ryan you're not the only one who has to get braces!!!!!!!!!
As soon as my dad can get me on his insurance list or something like that I'll need to get braces!!!!!!!!
But braces are a good thing. At least they will straighten your teeth!!!!!!!!!!
Love,
KAITLIN


p.s. I'll eat your halloween candy too if you will send me some!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Sorry I deleted the comment I had before because I wanted to add something to it:)

Casey said...

Ryan,
The one on the right looks exactly like you. Good job on the self portrait=-)

Happy Halloween!

Shane