Thursday, October 30, 2008

Brace Face

As you can see Ryan got his braces put on Tuesday. He did really well. He was pretty excited about his orange and blue rubber bands! His mouth has been quite sore the last few days and he is having trouble eating anything hard. I bought him some snack pack chocolate puddings today so he could have something soft for his school lunches. When I got home from an errand I found a huge bowl in the sink. Ryan had poured two of the pudding cups in the bowl and then added about a cup of cool whip. Braces or not, I don't think the boy will starve!

FYI- I did make it into the research study! I won't actually get to start on the new medication till mid December . Last week the Dr. took me off another medication, so now I am only taking a thousand milligrams of Metformin, twice a day. Unfortunately my sugars are running consistently high with only the Metformin. I'm trying to watch my diet and get more exercise to keep the blood sugars down. Tina bought me a great book called "The Natural Solution to Diabetes." It's full of great information. I'll update after my next appointment.

No comments: